REGISTRATION will be held by reservation only at 53700 Van Dyke, Shelby Township.
We accept cash or checks only.
We usually teach classes on Tues., Thurs., and Fri. from 10am to 6pm. (No evenings or Sat.)
We do not offer on-line classes.
Real Estate Fundamentals (Salesperson's Class)
The first and only class needed before taking the test with PSI (a testing company), and receiving a Salesperson's License.
It's been approved by the State of Michigan for their 40 Hour Pre-Licensing requirement.
Real Estate Basic Appraisal Broker Specialty -- 30 hour
This course provides understanding of the new reach of government lenders, the secondary mortgage market, loan limits, and recent mortgage fraud claims.
Real Estate Finance -- 30 hours
This course deals with the various ways of financing real estate transactions including the secondary mortgage market and government loans.
Real Estate Investment -- 30 hours
This course helps students navigate potential investment opportunities in the real estate market. It explores investment trends, tax laws and regulations.
Property Management -- 30 hours
Discussions explore daily issues facing practitioners, and up-to-date content on federal regulations. It includes case studies and sample forms.
Real Estate Law -- 60 hours
This course deals with case law and the statutes of the Federal Government and State of Michigan relating to real estate transactions.
Real Estate Broker Fundamentals - (the Required 30 Hour class)
This course is designed to prepare the newly Licensed Broker to own, manage, and supervise a real estate office. It includes practice questions to prepare the student for the state exam, and has been approved by the State of Michigan. It contains 9 hours of civil rights and equal opportunity in housing.
1. PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS: Students wishing to earn their Salesperson's license need a high school diploma or GED, be
18 years old, and use the English language.
2. ENROLLMENT: Student may register for classes by arranging the times and days with the
instructor. See each individual class for required number of hours.
3. HOLIDAYS: School will be closed on the following days:
New Year's Day Memorial Day Independence Day
Labor Day Thanksgiving Day Christmas Day
4. MATERIALS: Tuition includes all required material -- including the textbook.
5. ATTENDANCE: Attendance is required at all sessions unless notice and permission are given
before class begins. Any time and material are to be made up at agreed upon times.
6. CONDUCT: Any illegal activity by student will be cause for dismissal.
7. GRADING: Students receive a certificate showing their satisfactory completion of the class.
8. TUITION REFUND: All tuition and fees paid at the time of application, shall be refunded if the applicant
is rejected by the school before the first day of class. An application fee of not more than $25.00 may be
retained by the school if the application is denied. All tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be
refunded (minus a $25.00 processing fee), if requested within two business days after enrolling in class. All
refunds shall be returned within 30 days.
9. PREVIOUS TRAINING: For the Salesperson (Fundamental) students, no experience is required before taking the class.
The Broker Fundamental students must have three years of real estate experience which includes 16 sales closings within those three years.
After completing their 30 hour Fundamentals class, and an additional 60 hours, they must take and pass their Broker test from the company called PSI.
Then they will receive their Broker's License.
Those Broker students that have a MBA, a Law Degree, a Builder's License, or experience in a mortgage company are required to take only the 30 hour Broker Fundamental's class.
10. CERTIFICATES: will be provided at the satisfactory completion of all Michigan classes.
11. PLACEMENT: No placement assistance is available for enrolled students.
12. Complaints can be submitted in writing to:
Proprietary School Section
Michigan Dept. of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth
Victor Office Center 2nd Floor
201 North Washington Square
Lansing, MI 48913
Or to their public website:
Go to Forms and Resources, and then to complaint form
hereby enroll in the ________________________________________ Program offered by
Michigan Realty Training Center, and understand that it consists of _________ hours of training
beginning at ______ am/pm on the ________ day of _____________ (month), 20___. I fully
understand that the total program fee is $_______ and that Michigan Realty Training Center has no tuition time payment plan.